1. Who you are now is not who you will be in 10 years. It is okay to be somebody new 10 minutes from now. We are always learning. We are always growing. If you realized 10 seconds ago that you don’t like who you are, shed your skin, retry, replant yourself in good soil.
2. Cleaning is instant therapy. When your brain is muddy, take a shower, wash your hands, change your clothes. Spend 15 minutes straightening your living room. When you are angry, scrub things. I know it’s crazy but it works instantly.
3. Forgive someone’s debt if it’s under 50 dollars, forgive the small things, give a little time to yourself and forgive the big things too. Forgiveness isn’t about the other person, it’s about you. That being said - if someone ever hurts you in a way that would make me cry to know, you get out of there, my love. You just get up and go.
4. Gum karma is real and if you spit out a piece in public expect to find some on your shoe in the future. Same goes for insults and harsh judgement, too.
5. Do what you love and the money will follow.
6. Live your life with an open palm and give as much as you can and as often. At some point in your life, someone will lend you 50 bucks when you’re down on your luck. Remember how that feels. Remember to give that back.
7. Always wear clean underwear. You’ll thank me later.
8. There is a difference between being kind and being passive and there are those who cannot see that difference. They will try to walk all over you. Never bend your knees for those who do.
9. Have faith. Have faith in god or people or yourself or science or in luck or in all of the above. Faith is what keeps us going, faith is what keeps us strong.
10. Pay your bills on time whenever you can, although money is nothing. Remind yourself that.
11. Do not forget you were once ignorant of all you know now. Be patient of anyone who hasn’t had the education you have. Speak at the level of the person you are with - it’s not playing dumb, it’s being considerate. There’s no reason to make them feel uncomfortable. Plus then when someone starts going off about their superior IQ, you can cut them to pieces and watch their face when you do.
12. You are the best person in the room for one particular thing, and that’s confidence. You are the worst person in the room for another thing, and that’s humility. Use both carefully.
13. Never make fun of someone’s beliefs or superstitions, let your kid keep their imaginary friend and let your best buddy believe in knocking on wood. We all have security blankets. Don’t take away someone else’s.
14. Try to learn something new every day.
15. The worse you look, the more likely you are to run into someone you know so instead of feeling awkward, learn to be confident in sweats while talking to your friends.
16. Never go to bed angry, it will ruin your sleep and make tomorrow even harder. Find a way to relax. Don’t let today get to your head.
17. Think before you speak. When someone says something, mull over their words before answering. This is called listening, it is different than hearing.
18. What keeps love beautiful is that there’s risk involved. If he breaks your heart and it doesn’t hurt, it wasn’t love in the first place.
19. Never let someone else determine who you are or how happy. You are too strong to be torn apart.
20. I love you, even when we are fighting, even when I am fast asleep. Don’t doubt it for an instant. You are my everything."
everyone hates people who are fake and two faced but i’m the bitch because i don’t pretend to like people??? kk
I really miss you; we need to hang out a lot more.
We used to be so close.
Seeing you today made me happy.
I can’t believe we drifted off.
I am so glad we’re close again.
I couldn’t go to the party tonight I’m grounded.
Sorry! I’ll see you tomorrow though.
I need to talk to you.
I’ve texted you about 100 times today,
You haven’t answered any of them.
I’m scared. I hope it isn’t true.
Today they pulled us into the gym.
They told us all what happened.
They told us the counselors would be open.
I saw your mom today.
We didn’t even say a word, we couldn’t.
I gave her your favorite flowers, pink peonies.
We cried for hours.
Your funeral was sad.
The entire school showed up.
Yes even the ones who were mean to you.
I couldn’t talk at the stand, I just cried.
I haven’t written in a while.
I don’t know what to say anymore.
Some mornings I can’t get out of bed.
I never got the chance to tell you I loved you.
I mean loved you, loved you. Now you’ll never know.
I sit by your grave for a few hours everyday.
The doctors tell me it’s not healthy, I tell them I don’t care.
I still love you and it worries me because
I’ll never love anyone the way I love you.
I’m scared because I’m starting to forget
The sound of your voice and
The way your eyes shine in the sunlight
And the warmth of your hugs
I’m sorry I wasn’t there that night.
It should have never happened.
I was always supposed to be there for you.
I haven’t had a sip of alcohol since the accident.
It’s not fair he lived and you didn’t.
The police said he was drunk. It’s not fair you died.
It’s getting bad, I need you here.
I still love you.
I’m coming to see what it’s like over where you are.
I’ll see you soon.
this broke my fucking heart into a million pieces
this made my heart stop
so who do I get in touch with about marrying obama’s speechwriter